A lot to absorb this week and a lot to ponder as to the future of libraries, and in particular, school libraries. The articles about Library 2.0 and what the libraries now and of the future may, will, or should do got me thinking about my budget, access my students have to the library collection, and how to best get input from my patrons about what they would like to see added to their library.
I already have a survey I ask students to fill out to tell me what they would like to see added to their library's collection (yes, it is their collection, not mine, the school librarian). What I don't have in place is a way for parents to make suggestions about what they would like to see added to their child's library. I don't have an easy way to get input from classroom teachers (it has to be easy for teachers or they won't bother - they simply don't have the time).
So the question I will be pondering is what would be the best (and least time-consuming way) for me to get input from all three groups.
A lot to think about...
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment